- Freediving: National records for Singapore, Estonia and Malaysia broken at inaugural freediving competition series
- Fu Xingqiang, 38, breaks Singapore national record—172m in men’s dynamic no fins category
- Freediving: Lim Yee Hui takes Singapore national record in static apnea
- AAS concludes it’s second successful AIDA depth competition in Tulamben, Bali on 18 September 2019
- Anqi Lim and Shuyi Chua excel in Roatan. CARIBBEAN CUP 2019 Freediving Competition and 2019 CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship.
SINGAPORE – local freediver and owner of freediving school FDXQ Fu Xingqiang, broke his own previous national record in the dynamic no fins (DNF) discipline at the July 2 Ultimate Freediving Challenge (UFC) event in Singapore. The DNF discipline involves swimming the furthest distance possible… Read more
Freediving: National records for Singapore, Estonia and Malaysia broken at inaugural freediving competition series
SINGAPORE—Fu Xingqiang, 38, Dmitri Melnikov, 35, and Darrell Teng, 32, each eclipsed previous national records for Singapore, Estonia and Malaysia respectively while competing at the Ultimate Freediving Challenge (UFC) series, July 02. The UFC is a new competition series established by Fu Xingqiang, owner of… Read more
SINGAPORE – Lim Yee Hui, 28, competed in the June 12 AIDA Get ecSTAtic! Competition held in Singapore and broke the static apnea (STA) national record. In the STA discipline, freedivers attempt to hold their breaths for the longest time possible while submerged in water.… Read more
Athletes from 13 cities gathered in Tulamben, Bali for the annual freediving competition organized by The Apnea Association of Singapore (AAS) from 16 – 19 September 2019. Many were returning athletes from AAS’s inaugural depth competition in 2018, including Singaporean Chua Shuyi, who had achieved… Read more
Anqi Lim and Shuyi Chua excel in Roatan. CARIBBEAN CUP 2019 Freediving Competition and 2019 CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship.
Congratulations to our Singaporean freedivers, Anqi Lim and Shuyi Chua, for their performances in the 2019 CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship held in Roatan. They had the whole community cheering for them! These results came just days after setting the AIDA and CMAS National… Read more