1st June 2023 – PROCEDURES & GUIDELINES FOR CMAS COMPETITION EVENTS
- Membership fees revised for 2023
AIDA Singapore – $15
CMAS Singapore Apnea – $25
Apply Membership here: https://aas.sg/membership/
- Comp Procedures for AIDA & CMAS:
- Judges :
(a) AAS will keep a record of all judges in Singapore. These records will be kept confidential.
(b) AAS will list the names of Singapore CMAS judges on its website if they have provided consent when registering for the annual AAS-CMAS Singapore Membership.
AIDA Judges can be found on AIDA International Website.
(c) Ensure active membership status prior to competition submission otherwise, your application to organize a competition will be delayed
27 April 2023 – SINGAPORE FREEDIVING ATHLETES TO COMPETE IN AIDA WORLD CHAMPS @ JEJU
- 4 Singaporean athletes are attending the AIDA World Pool Championships, held in Jeju, South Korea. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Chai Hui Mian
- Fu Xingqiang
- Daniel Kwok
- Patricia Paige Ong
- AIDA International awarded a grant of EUR 1000 to the Singapore team and this was shared equally amongst the four athletes. Each athlete received EUR 250, which was used to offset against their Jeju World Championship registration fees.
- AAS will provide the following additional support:
- AAS will sponsor national team jackets for the 4 Athletes to go AIDA World Pool Championships in Jeju, South Korea. Athletes to receive the team jackets around mid-May.
- AAS to sponsor a trip allowance of SGD 150 for each athlete, to be disbursed via PayNow by End of May 2023.
*Please note that this disbursement is a one-time exception for this event.
AAS Committee is looking at other initiatives to support SG athletes in future international competitions.
- AAS is also giving an award to athletes who achieve
Podium Standing / Medal in JEJU Competition e.g Top 3 or Best in Disciplines
Medal award: 300SGD
- The AAS Committee is looking for members & athletes to help with our Athlete Funding Initiative projects for more sustainable funding. Please contact Ange @ 96820016 to offer your assistance.
24 Feb 2023 – 2023 AAS NEW COMMITTEE – WALKOVER
During the 2023 AGM, the election of the new committee was through a walkover.
*Walkover – there were no other nominee candidates
Nominated exco for 2023-2025:
Mark Cheung – President
Bastian Salim – Vice President
Afiza Affandi – Treasurer
Angelia Seow – Secretary
Message from AAS 2023 Committee
- AAS & Singapore Underwater Federation (SUF) are working together towards Freediving representation at the SEA Games in 2029.
- AAS will be planning the first Singapore CMAS Freediving Pool Nationals in Nov 2023
- With the rollout of these events, AAS will be implementing a new CMAS framework that streamlines the workflow around admin, membership and competition fee structure for both CMAS and AIDA in Singapore
- We hope to have the understanding and support of our freedivers as we implement these systems.
- We are looking for people who can provide media and/or admin support.
Do contact our secretary Angelia 96820016